FAITH By David Whyte/poem on faith


Art by Emmanuel Garant

FAITH
David Whyte

I want to write about faith,
about the way the moon rises
over cold snow, night after night,
faithful even as it fades from fullness,

slowly becoming that last curving and impossible
sliver of light before the final darkness.
But I have no faith myself
I refuse it even the smallest entry.

Let this then, my small poem,
like a new moon, slender and barely open,
be the first prayer that opens me to faith.
You have read this article English poems / Inspirational and motivational poems / Painting and fine art / Spirituality poems and quotes with the title FAITH By David Whyte/poem on faith. You can bookmark this page URL http://tempepoetry.blogspot.com/2011/11/faith-by-david-whytepoem-on-faith.html. Thanks!

No comment for "FAITH By David Whyte/poem on faith"

Post a Comment