Signet of Eternity By Rabindranath Tagore



Signet of Eternity
Rabindranath Tagore


The day was when I did not keep myself in readiness for thee;
and entering my heart unbidden even as one of the common
crowd, unknown to me, my king, thou didst press the signet
of eternity upon many a fleeting moment of my life.


And today when by chance I light upon them and see
thy signature, I find they have lain scattered in
the dust mixed with the memory of joys and sorrows
of my trivial days forgotten.


Thou didst not turn in contempt from my childish play among
dust, and the steps that I heard in my playroom
are the same that are echoing from star to star.

You have read this article English poems / Inspirational and motivational poems / Spirituality poems and quotes / Tagore quotes and poems with the title Signet of Eternity By Rabindranath Tagore. You can bookmark this page URL http://tempepoetry.blogspot.com/2011/11/signet-of-eternity-by-rabindranath.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Signet of Eternity By Rabindranath Tagore"

Post a Comment