O Me! O Life! by Walt Whitman


Vicente Romero Redondo painting

O Me! O Life!
Walt Whitman


O me! O life! Of the questions of these recurring,
Of the endless trains of the faithless, of cities fill’d
with the foolish,
Of myself forever reproaching myself,
(for who more foolish than I,and who more faithless?)
Of eyes that vainly crave the light, of the objects mean,
of the struggle ever renew’d,
Of the poor results of all, of the plodding and sordid crowds
I see around me,
Of the empty and useless years of the rest, with the rest
me intertwined,
The question, O me! So sad, recurring – What good amid these,
O me, O life?

Answer
That you are here – that life exists and identity,
That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse.
You have read this article English poems / Inspirational and motivational poems / Life poems and quotes / Painting and fine art with the title O Me! O Life! by Walt Whitman. You can bookmark this page URL http://tempepoetry.blogspot.com/2012/01/o-me-o-life-by-walt-whitman.html. Thanks!

2 comment for "O Me! O Life! by Walt Whitman"

  1. This gives the detailed results of all India level recruitments Recruitment Results Please check for results

    This link will gives you all notifications of new job oppurtunities Job Notifications Please click on this link

    We will receives infos of all new jobs recruitments Job Recruitment Just go through this link

    Details of all new recuitments exam admit card/ hall tickets available here Admit Card Please visit this link

    ReplyDelete