Journey Home by Rabindranath Tagore



Journey Home
by Rabindranath Tagore


I came out on the chariot of the first gleam
of light, and pursued my voyage through
the wildernesses of worlds leaving my track on many
a star and planet.

It is the most distant course that comes nearest
to thyself, and that training is the most intricate
which leads to the utter simplicity of a tune.

The traveler has to knock at every alien door
to come to his own, and one has to wander through
all the outer worlds to reach the innermost shrine
at the end.


My eyes strayed far and wide before I shut them
and said`Here art thou!'
The question and the cry `Oh, where?' melt into
tears of a thousand streams and deluge the world
with the flood of the assurance `I am!'
You have read this article English poems / Inspirational and motivational poems / Inspirational pictures / Philosophy and Ethics poems and quotes / Spirituality poems and quotes / Tagore quotes and poems with the title Journey Home by Rabindranath Tagore. You can bookmark this page URL http://tempepoetry.blogspot.com/2011/12/journey-home-by-rabindranath-tagore.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Journey Home by Rabindranath Tagore"

Post a Comment