The Unveiler of All that is Veiled...by Rumi


Abbey Altson


The Unveiler of All that is Veiled...
Rumi

One night I asked Love: “Tell me truly, who are you?”
It said: “I am life eternal, I multiply the lovely life.”
I said: “O you who are beyond each place, where is
your home?”
It said: “I am together with the heart’s fire and beside
the wet eye,
I am a dyer; due to me every cheek turns saffron-colored.
I am a swift-footed messenger, and the lover my lean
steed.
I am the crimson of the tulip, the merchandise’s worth,
I am the sweetness of lament, the unveiler of all that is
veiled . . .”

You have read this article Inspirational and motivational poems / Love poems / Painting and fine art / Rumi quotes and poems with the title The Unveiler of All that is Veiled...by Rumi. You can bookmark this page URL http://tempepoetry.blogspot.com/2011/12/the-unveiler-of-all-that-is-veiledby.html. Thanks!

No comment for "The Unveiler of All that is Veiled...by Rumi"

Post a Comment